Subject: [Leica] What would it take to get me to go digital
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 13:09:51 -0600

#1 A viewfinder like the Leica M camera. No compromising here, it is
more important to me than the LCD display so often emphasized in
digital discussions. I do not want a squinty horrible little viewfinder
interfering with my view of the world.

#2 Manual focus. It can have af but it also has to have an easy to use
manual focus as well.

#3 Minimal shutter lag

#4 Interchangeable lenses with the important primes having large
aperture options. Perhaps not f/1 but no smaller than f/1.4.

#5 Able to actually record detail in lowlight. It seems many (most?)
digital cameras do not like long exposures in weak light.

That is it for me. You will notice I did not list file size as I think
that the digitals have arrived there already. This would take over some
of my shooting and I would save a bundle in film costs. For me to go
completely digital, I would need a film recorder that can make
excellent quality 35mm slides from my digital files. Most of my work is
in chromes.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com> (Re: [Leica] What would it take to get me to go digital)