Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak Focus
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 15:07:52 EDT

In a message dated 10/2/03 11:53:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
lists@johnbrownlow.com writes:

> Did you do any color corrections? Is your workflow color managed? If no
>  to either of these then what on earth did you expect? When you make a
>  conventional color print do you simply use a standard color balance and
>  exposure???
Yes, you can get excellent digital images; but you've got to work for them
and know your onions. You can't depend on some commercial outfit to do quality
mass printing for you. We've been spoiled by the latest innovations in film
camera and processing technology. My sister, who knows nothing about photography,
shoots a roll of Kodaclolor in her automatic P&S and has it processed at
supermarket and back comes many fine prints in duplicate, with negatives to boot.

In a few years digital might reach that point, but until then digital is a
labor intensive methodology if you want to get excellent prints. In my case, I
do my work pre-exposure, not postexposure. I adjust the Oly 5050 as I do my M3.
But it's clumsy in a prosumer. No analog controls.

br