Subject: RE: [Leica] Closest thing to a Digital M announced today!
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:23:41 -0400

I agree with you about the dust issue and lens interchangeability,
Henning. But the lack of interchangeability brings with it a number of
serious disadvantages if someone wants to do more than play around with
a digital camera:
The user is wedded to the weight of the body and a 28-200 zoom
equivalent - and there are some of us who rarely, and I mean rarely, use
a lens over about 85 mm - the last thing I want to do is have to always
haul around a 28-200 given that most of my shooting is done at 28-35 and
85-100;
Lack of interchangeability and a 28-200 means never being able to shoot
with real wides...24 -21 or wider;
Lack of interchangeability also means no primes.

I'm willing to give up some things for the convenience of digital - I am
not willing to give up wides or primes.

B. D.