Subject: Re: [Leica] @#$@$# Leica M6
From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 15:48:25 -0700

David

Yes we did.  I found out that observing the wind-up on the take up
with the bottom plate on, and the door open, causes trouble when
the bottom plate is again removed to close the back door.  The
little "steering wheel" ring on the bottom plate then permits the film
to lose contact with the take up "tulip"

Pleating a zig-zag on the end of the leader prevents loss of engagement.

BD's sarcasm was not ill placed, if interpreted correctly.  The R Leicas
have a true hinged back.  The M has a back door.

Jerry