Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: software, engineering, and microsoft
From: Mike Durling <durling@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 21:20:56 -0400

That article is two years old and is outdated.  Check out the Mozilla
browsers, and by reference, Netscape 7 which uses the same code.
Extraordinarily nice browsers that do everything that IE does with the
added benefit of allowing you to simply disable popups.  Add to that an
excellent integrated email client that doesn't run malicious code.
Mozilla also runs on more operating systems than IE ever does.  I am
using this on Linux and care not a wit that Microsoft will never release
IE for that platform.  Mac support is excellent too.

Contrary to what some have said 99.9% or more web pages work fine with
the Mozilla browsers.  I look at everyone's photos and there is only one
LUG photographer whose web pages have a problem under this browser.

It is a shame that Netscape lost the marketing war before their
open-source efforts paid off.  Still, Mozilla lives on and will continue
to thrive.

Mike D