Subject: RE: [Leica] Arnold Actions : Monday
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 19:35:37 -0700

On 2003-10-06 images@InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) thoughtfully wrote:

>No wonder I like you!  I listen to almost exactly the same radio shows, but
>I never watch TV.  Beginning at 10:00 at night I listen to BBC.  That's
>where the most balanced coverage is, but I listen to NPR or PRI or some
>other public radio station all day as I work at the computer.  It's great
>to be able to link up to any radio station in the world right from your
>computer!  I love WNCW,  88.7, from IsoThermal Community College in the
>mountains of NC.  Check it
>out!   http://publicbroadcast.net/wncw/ppr/index.shtml

I just can't hack Rush any more - I think he's a phoney saying it less out of
what he believes than what will get the biggest reaction. I hold him in the
deepest contempt.

Of course NONE of the stations cover either science or technology worth a damn.
It's embarassing the things that goes out over the news whether it's PBS, ABC,
or the BBC. They are quick to cover the "political aspects" of science,
technology and engineering, but when it comes to reporting a story that hinges
on any of these they utterly fail - time and time again. In fact they don't even
know the DIFFERENCE which may be worse.

Now back to the A's vs Red Sox: something that MATTERS.

And congrats to the German women for their great performance in the World Cup.
Should be two great games played there! I only wish I knew soccer better. My
kids played but I lack the insight into really knowing the game. I'll jus stick
to baseball.

Adam