Subject: Re: [Leica] Crisis in Pumpkinville
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 11:44:31 -0700

Jack McLain wrote:

> I suspect the liberal hollywood big-wigs would "squash" the concept; the
> fear of pumpkin anti-defamation lash-back would drive them out of their
> gourds and they would have no way to patch it up.
>
> Jack McLain
> Tucson, AZ

I'm spilling coffee al over my thank god dark blue shirt and looked up
pumpkin to try to think of a joke.  ... to try to find a synonym of a pumpkin.....

Pumpkin (pīmp2k*n, pīm2-, pīng2-) n.
1.a. A coarse, trailing vine (Cucurbita pepo) widely cultivated for its
fruit. b. The large pulpy round fruit of this plant, having a thick,
orange-yellow rind and numerous seeds. c. Any of several other vines of
the genus Cucurbita, especially C. maxima or C. moschata, bearing large
pumpkinlike squashes.

They seem to be implying that the Pumpkin is the vine itself. What grows
on the end is the fruit of the pumpkin. I'll have to keep that in mind
and correct people when they make that mistake for now on.

"No NO that's not a PUMPKIN! That's a fruit of a PUMPKIN!"

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

Replies: Reply from "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] Crisis in Pumpkinville)