Subject: Re: [Leica] Aberlour a'bunadh...
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 19:46:40 -0400

At 11:22 PM 10/8/03 -0400, Seth Rosner wrote:
>Jerry, the 10 year-old Aberlour is quite ordinary, I agree. This a'bunadh
>(wish I knew how to pronounce it) is qualitatively different.

Aperlohr uh bun-akh would be close enough.  Gaelic has a lot of the same
sounds as do many Middle Eastern languages, including Arabic and Hebrew.
But Scots Gaelic has an unreformed orthography (a fortunate development for
those of us who are forced to read Gaelic more frequently than we get the
opportunity to speak it) and it can be quite confusing.

Slan,

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!