Subject: Re: [Leica] Aberlour a'bunadh...
From: Nick Roberts <nickbroberts@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 02:41:02 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com>

<snip>
 At a friend's house two evenings ago he
> poured me a good dram of
> Aberlour a'bunadh and a touch of branch, refused to
> put in even a single
> cube of ice.

I should hope so too! Ice is the worst thing that can
happen to a single malt short of a mixer. Barbaric
American habit! A splash of water is fine - indeed
with cask strength malts, it can make all the
difference. But ice! Ice (or chilling) simply dulls
your palate so that you can't taste the complexity of
the drink - fair enough if it's Bud, when you want to
disguise the lack of taste, but any single malt, nay,
any whisky that needs ice isn't worth drinking.

I think I'll head back to the relative security of the
RUG at this point....

Nick