Subject: RE: [Leica] Don's PAW 41 Calla Lily
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 07:20:46 -0400

BR,
The set up is this, there was a vase of lilies on the altar lit
primarily overhead spot lights.  Approximately eight feet behind the
altar is a grill for the pipe organ on which the altar guild lights a
semi random array of votive candles.  I chose the current generation 90
Elmarit because I can get a higher magnification with the 90 than the 75
although the image would probably have been improved by using the 75.  I
chose 1 stop down to give and aperture effect.  As to exposure, get
close to the lily, read just the lily, and give almost two stops more
exposure to keep the lily white.  The background drops out as it is only
being lit by the candles.

Thanks for looking.

Don