Subject: [Leica] Ebay-fraud?
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 08:25:18 -0500

There seems to be a new ebay fraud going around. Soon after an
unsuccessful bid for a 35mm f/2 Summicron ASPH, I received these two
e-mails in quick succession. Both are rather silly. The first claims
that there will be ebay Fraud protection for a private transaction,
the second claims profits are going to a charity home for homeless
kids, yeah right.

Karen

- -----

To member:   nasukaren
 From member: spock065

- --------------------

Hello,
I saw that you have bidded on  Leica M-35mm Summicron f/2.0 Chrome    recently.
I want to inform you that I have one too Leica M-35mm Summicron f/2.0 Chrome
and I was wondering if you want to buy it outside
ebay. I am willing to sell this for 740 USD (shipping and handling
feesincluded).
I am a registered and serious seller on eBay. If you want I could ask
eBay to contact you and certify I am indeed serious and trustworthy.
This transaction will also be covered under eBay's Fraud Protection
Program!
I don't want to list the unit again because of the
scammers on eBay. It is pretty expensive just to list
them on eBay.
Please let me know as soon as possibleif you want this or not.
             Respectfully
                                     Eugene Abano

- -------

All'utente:   nasukaren
Dall'utente: mortisiamortimer

- --------------------

Dear eBay user,

  Please excuse me if I disturb you in any way but I've noticed you
are intersted inLeica M-35mm Summicron f/2.0 Chrome ASPH  Item
number: 2955960440    .I would like to let you know that I have the
same product for a lower price 800$.If you find yourself intersted in
this product please feel free to email me at
johnsell@luciferworld.com.You can check my feedback:mortisiamortimer
and see how many people were satisfied with my services!Please know
that the money I will be collecting from you are being collected in a
charity operation that helps the homeless children!

Once again forgive me if I disturbed you and thank you for your time!

- --------------------
Questa email $B=(Bstata inviata da un utente eBay tramite il sistema di
inoltro delle email eBay.
Se rispondi all'email, la tua risposta sar$B/(Binviata direttamente all'utente.

eBay non tollera alcuna forma di spamming (email indesiderate di
carattere commerciale) e, per proteggere i propri utenti da questo
abuso, sta
adottando delle nuove strategie. Ti ricordiamo anche che qualsiasi invito
  a comprare o vendere oggetti all'esterno di eBay v$B%;CM(Ba il regolamento eBay e
per tali operazioni non vengono garantiti i servizi attivati a
protezione degli utenti, quali il feedback e il programma di
protezione dalle frodi. Se questa offerta sollecita acquisti o
vendite di oggetti all'esterno di eBay,
non partecipare. Per ulteriori informazioni immetti il seguente link
nel browser: http://pages.ebay.it/help/email_info.html

- --
Karen Nakamura

Replies: Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Ebay-fraud?)