Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: A priceless comment
From: Pete Su <psu@kvdpsu.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:23:06 -0400

it doesn't seem to me that there is any reason to believe that digital
pictures are inherently any more ephemeral than negatives (especially
color negatives), if you are careful.

the reality of my current world is that if i wasn't shooting digital
pictures, i wouldn't be shooting, much less printing, anything at all.
i just don't have the time or space or energy to do the black and white
processing and printing that I used to do. i think in a while i'll get
back to it, but for now, and for what i take pictures of, digital is
perfect. especially since i already have the infrastructure i need to
manage the images, since i work in the software business.

i bet in a few years when i'm able to start making prints again, and
i'll get back to it. there is nothing in the digital world like tri-x
and d76 and fiber glossy paper.

pete