Subject: RE: [Leica] Fw: A priceless comment
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:29:43 -0400

Yah...Priceless alright...$0.000
Funny, but I was looking for some contact sheets last night and...there
wasn't anything there. And I'm missing negatives that I would sell one
of my kids to recover...but...there wasn't anything there. Scratch a
negative...Oooops...

This is all really horseshit, folks. Film is a wonderful media; digital
is a wonderful media. They both have advantages and disadvantages - in
virtually every aspect of their use.

But at this point in the history of what we call photography, the thing
that simply isn't going to "be there" some day is film itself. Get used
to that. Enjoy film while you can - you certainly have a long time in
which to keep using it, but it won't be with us, in any meaningful way,
"forever." Digital may not either - just the dagueratype process, glass
plates, etc., aren't. Times change, the science of photography evolves,
and media change.

B. D.
Still shooting film - and shooting digital.