Subject: RE: [Leica] Telyt 280mm for Visoflex vs Telyt-R 250mm (1st version)
From: "telyt@earthlink.net" <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:33:42 -0400

Juan Gea-Banacloche <banacloj@mac.com> wrote:

> I wonder if someone has experience and a preference regarding these two
> lenses.

I haven't used the first-version 250.  I avoided it mostly because the
tripod mount is fixed, not rotating.  Focussing between infinity and the
minimum focus distance is a bit slow and laborious, probably not much
different from the 280mm f/4.8.  I don't know anything about its optical
quality; if it's similar to the 280, the decision would be rotating tripod
mount (280) vs. automatic diaphragm (250).  If you never do verticals the
choice is much easier.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com