Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica normal lenses
From: "Higa Isaku" <isakuhiga@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:17:37 -0400

I agree that latest version of Summicrion is a great lens.

The latest version of Summilux (E46 filter thread with build in hood and
closest focus at 0.7m) is  not too bad either.  Compared to E43 version
with detachable hood and closest focus at 1m, it seems to have more
contrast and higher color saturation.  Since both has the same the lens
composition, the differnece can be attributed to changes in coating or may
be a better QA.    I happened to like rendition of the E43 version  but it
is a matter of taste.

Isaku