Subject: [Leica] Re: Is digital photography necrophilia?
From: "Paul Winkfield" <paladin007@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:34:50 -0400

Hi Dante and all;
Wonderful piece you wrote, If I may comment from my yard, I think you answer
it on item #1 The true nature of the paradigm shift.

Here in Philadelphia, there are ads for photogs from hip little magazines
the record the club scene, on weekends, they require a digital camera at
least imp. Pay is $25 per hour at most 4 hours of work

Now the other request is the world of porn..the strippers and online babes
will pay US 30 cents per image the minimum is 300 images. Many want
exclusive rights!
No traveling expenses, they feel that shooting a pretty nude is a perk of
the job! - well....;-)

Since my hobby is using Ms and other film cameras, often supporting it with
a wedding or whatever comes my way, the market seems to demand digital, not
shoot film then digitize. Even watching the Paparazzi shows on TV
demonstrate how these guys shoot, Photoshop then upload.  The last wedding I
shot, members of the party asked when will the CD be ready! (the folks who
hired me will get negatives and prints.)

Just my 'flash' on the matter; it seems to me that if its a hobby, and you
don't want to switch, fine, nobody is holding D100 to one's head. It's only
a medium. But if you want to support the hobby or make a 'career' (I hate
that word...its a job!) of it the new tools are required.
<paul>

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Re: Is digital photography necrophilia?)