Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo Contest: MASSIVE FILM CAMERA COUNTEROFFENSIVE!
From: Dante Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:30:27 -0400

Johnny:

	Because there aren't hundreds of millions of film cameras in
circulation?  I tend to think that makes it a lot less specialized than
a vintage car rally or pinhole photography.  There have been a lot of
tides in the arts and in politics - you are a person I have always
associated with bucking tides.  So why surrender now?

	As for policing, I always wondered how Nikon figured out for its
contests who was really using Nikons.  Not that there's any way to
tell.  But I guess they would be more than happy to take the credit for
a killer shot.  So you slip one in.  What do you do then?

	-- let film take the credit for the shot, do nothing and smirk to
yourself?

	-- brashly announce that you had done it and announce yourself to be a
fraud?

There's not really much to be gained by cheating.

	Film was chosen as a theme, just like Canonet was on an RFlist
contest.  Just gives it a theme.

Dante