Subject: RE: [Leica] CV 50mm Nokton 1.5 vs used Sumicron
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:24:43 -0400

I've been very happy with it. There are some who don't like the bokeh,
but I haven't found it to be a problem. And no less an expert than Erwin
Puts has pronounced it very slightly sharper and more contrasty than the
Summilux at 4 times the price, although, obviously, the construction
doesn't match that of the Summilux, and therefore neither does the
consistency. Keep in mind that the Summilux is essentially a
four-decades old design, while the Nokton is a modern aspherical lens.
If I lusted for a Summicron, I'd go for the Nokton and await for a
re-designed Summilux to hit the market.

B. D.