Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Is digital photography necrophilia?
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn.mail@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 16:39:39 -0700

Can't speak for Tina, but my personal experience is that scratches and dust
are added as a no-charge extra during processing. One of the lesser known
laws of (dust) physics is that everything in the film chain eventually acts
as an efficient dust-magnet.

Background:
It's been estimated that a few tons of dust enters the earth's atmosphere
daily. My share tends to pass through my scanner, negatives, and developing
tanks on its way down. The rest eventually finds its way into the dip and
dunk tank at the local pro lab. They're quite diligent at removing it and
often use my weekly submission of supra 100 film to help scrub it from their
tanks. My understanding is that once the dust is safely dried on my
negatives, they can then process the film sent by the rest of you.

Just thought I'd warn you that this service, which Tina, I, and several
others currently provide to the photo community, may terminate if I ever go
digital (or when my stash of supra runs out).

Mike Quinn