Subject: RE: [Leica] Piezography
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:28:04 -0400

Chris,

I also would be curious to know the answer to your query;
you would probably want to clarify your criteria for "best".

I can relate my own experience after having used PiezographyBW
from Cone Editions on an Epson 1280 for three months or so.
The print quality is definitely there, at least for me.  I
haven't had any problem with the physical setup (things like
misfeed, clog, misalignment, etc.), although just last week
I ran into a very, very interesting problem, described at:
I suspect that this is a problem in the PiezographyBW driver.
The Cone Editions folks have requested the file and sample
prints so that they can diagnoze the problem.

One wish very high on my extremely short wish list of one:
that it prints faster.  An 8x10 probably takes on the order
of 20-25 minutes.  For this reason alone, when I replace this
printer, I will definitely check out for faster models.

Hope that helps,

- - Phong

P.S. By the way, anyone on the list using Piezography from
Conde Editions who wants to help me with my problem, please
contact me.  I will send you the file so that you can print
a 6.7x10 test on any cheap paper for me.  Thanks.