Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 39 & 40
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:02:49 -0500

Nathan

Thanks for the evaluation, it is appreciated.  I think it must be the scan,
as I'm pretty sure the prints from these were sharp.  I will have to look
when I get home again.  I'm still not quite sure how to work the sharpen
function on right PS Elements yet without getting it over sharpened.  On
the other hand it may just be my eyes giving out on me, I may have to have
the glasses adjusted. :-)

Gene

                      Nathan Wajsman
                      <n.wajsman@chello.nl>               To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  Re: [Leica] PAW 39 & 40
                      -alto.ca.us

                      10/24/2003 04:11 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

Hi Gene,

Neither of these two pictures is particularly sharp. I can accept a certain
lack of sharpness in street photography or similar situations where you
have to work fast, but in this case both images are of subjects that are
not moving, in one case a barn, the other a man sitting down. Particularly
the barn image seems really soft. When you photograph a stationary item,
you should take the time to either set a sufficiently fast shutter speed to
avoid camera shake, or use a tripod.

Nathan