Subject: RE: [lens] RE: [Leica] shot not possible with digital
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 08:56:54 -0400

What the heck is a "flipity-flop SLR?" I work in situations where I am
very much the fifth wheel, the sore thumb, the odd man out - trying to
blend into the scenery. And I have been doing it very successfully,
thank you, in hospital rooms, delivery rooms, churches, at private
dinners in family homes - in the most intimate of settings and in
difficult public situations - using a combination of "quiet" Leica Ms
and "flippity-flop" Nikon F-100s with motor drives. And I do not have a
problem with people reacting to, or changing their behavior for, either
camera.

I think the bottom line here is:
Act like a photo dork and people will react to you as a photo dork, no
matter what camera you use; act like someone who knows what they are
doing, and who respects the people and situation in which you are doing
it, and people will ignore you - which is the highest form of respect
for a working photographer - and let you get your work done. ;-)