Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V25 #344
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 06:33:17 -0800

At 7:38 AM -0500 10/26/03, David M. Dorn wrote:
>B. D. wrote:
>
>>...In the past several days I have discovered a couple of
>>commercially available PS plug-ins that reduce the shadow noise to the
>>point where it is no more a problem than film grain at the upper
>>ISOs...
>
>Please post the sources for this type of plug in.  If they work they
>may change my mind about digital.  It was primarily the shadow noise
>that made me get rid of my Leica Digilux.
>
>David

NeatImage is probably the best one. http://www.neatimage.com

The Pro edition edits 16 bit images; the Pro+ also has a plug-in.
It's fairly slow, so the best thing to do is set up batches when
you're not at the computer. Therefore the plug-in might be
unnecessary.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design