Subject: Re: [Leica] Congrats BD
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:15:37 -0800

Liam Maloney wrote:

> Congratulations BD!. Can you give me a little
> background on your subjects? I'd love to know more
> about kid with the tattoo hanging his head.
>
> I don't really care what camera was used to make these
> images - they exhibit a depth of feeling and intimacy
> that every photographer should strive for. Put a Holga
> in the hands of a master and their images will still
> resonate. This is not to say that your Oly is a
> digital Holga, BD! It's obviously a very capable
> picture-taking machine. My point is that it is the
> picture-MAKING machine that really counts - you. But
> you know this already. :)
>
> Liam

Someday we'll all take a vote as to if LUG Leica Users Group means a
group about using Leicas or a group about using what ever they're in the
mood for at the moment. And having that be a thread of a PAW.
Is there a shortage of general photography lists?
I sure get in the "general photography" frame of mind sometimes and am
up for anything. Sometimes it's large format. I'll go there.
When I'm here I'm up for Leica talk. And show and tell.
I'm surprised there's an argument.

But I think it comes from the tidal wave of impact the digital thing has
on our photography. Of which Leica is a subset.
And the slight black hole Leica is in on it. A zone V hole.

And as a digital camera with "Leica" on it may not represent the
absolute best choice in the digital camera du jour we find it OK to talk
about the smarter kinder digital camera we happen to be using.
And showing the pictures.
I'm against showing the pictures.

I had a ball with my DIGILUX (now discontinued) in St. Louis last weeki.
Great for night pix. And slow flash sync.
Pix to come…
Mark Panasoniner

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com