Subject: Re: [Leica] something something and now animals
From: "Barney Quinn" <Barney.Quinn@noaa.gov>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:21:17 -0500

John,

Yes there are. I make a real distinction between using animals in research
which has a chance of doing some real medical good, and using animals for
research which is far more trivial in nature. I would, for instance, very
strongly oppose using animals to help develop a new lotion which gives people
an artifical tan. I also strongly believe that in cases where some or all of
the work can be done using computer simulations or other testing methods then
that is what should be done.

Barney