Subject: [Leica] report from visit to Solms
From: liz boeder <lizlizliz@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 21:09:12 -0800

Hello Luggers,
We've just returned from Solms. We were fortunate enough to visit the
Leica factory, and were given "the red carpet treatment" while we were
there. The Germans are so gracious!
As we were concluding our tour, one of the engineers came up to us like
a kid with a a great secret. Our guide interpreted for us..."Would you
like to see a prototype of the new CM?" Of course we would! And there we
stood, holding this absolutely beautiful, solid little picture making
machine. It feels like the real thing, weighty, but not heavy, pretty,
but elegant, too. Ergonomic, yes. A little retro, yes. Small, yet
serious. Would we own one? Yes! We tried to buy the prototype! Fabulous.
We loved it instantly. The concensus in our group was that the camera is
a great addition to the Leica line-up.
BTW The factory is definitely worth a visit, as is Wetzlar. I have some
Digilux photos I took of Wetzlar, but don't know how to show them to the
LUG. Anyone interested enough to inform me?
Also, I think one of the great single malt companies, in the spirit (no
pun intended) of Leica special editions, should make a special edition
of scotch, called LUGavulin.
- -Liz

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] report from visit to Solms)