Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: The Decisive Moment is gone
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 20:52:50 -0500

At 06:14 AM 11/1/2003 +1100, you wrote:
>So what's a photographer to do?  Bite the bullet and shoot
>regardless?  Or slink away into the shadows and do
>stuffed-and-mounted shots.  Guess which option is easier
>for your average Artschool graduate?...
>
>Regds,
>
>Andrew N.

There is a third choice.  Get to know your subjects and spend enough time
with them that they forget you are taking photographs.  You are not taking
sneak shots and you are not taking posed shots.  You can become a "fly on
the wall" and take photographs that reflect actual life.  You just have to
learn to be quiet, boring, and unobtrusive.  I'm a real wallflower at
parties, too ;-)

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com