Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 44: Amsterdam signs
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 06:55:32 +0100

Alternating between Spain and the Netherlands, this week I take you to
Amsterdam. We often go there on Sundays to walk around in the inner
city, do a spot of shopping etc. Of course I always have my Leicas with
me. In the interest of full disclosure I must say that a couple of these

pictures were actually taken in week 43 but I did not have time to pick
up the film.

First, a scene from one of the main shopping streets in downtown
Amsterdam, the Nieuwendijk. I was attracted by the way this store
employee was looking around nervously, as if he were doing something
illicit with the mannequin:
http://www.wajsmanphoto.com/2003_44.jpg

The alternates are of little details in the city. I am always on the
lookout for funny signs or other small features of the place. Here is an

Irish pub near the Rijksmuseum:
http://www.wajsmanphoto.com/2003_44alt1.jpg

The Queen's Head bar near the Central Station has a display of Barbie
dolls in the window, but they are all Kens :-)
http://www.wajsmanphoto.com/2003_44alt2.jpg

I don't even want to know what this poster is advertising:
http://www.wajsmanphoto.com/2003_44alt3.jpg

Old and new mixing happily, near the Central Station:
http://www.wajsmanphoto.com/2003_44alt4.jpg

And finally, a church on the Nieuwendijk competes with the shopping and
entertainment by imploring people to give 15 minutes to God:
http://www.wajsmanphoto.com/2003_44alt5.jpg

All B&W pictures with M6 and Agfa Scala, the colour shots with M7 and
Ektachrome 100G. All with 35mm or 50mm Summilux.

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.wajsmanphoto.com/indexpaw2003.htm
and comments and critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands