Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo critique requested
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 12:51:38 -0800

Howard:

This photo gives the viewer a warm feeling (aside of the fact that the tart
is "fresh out of the oven").
What makes it so warm is the color, the genuine expression of the pie maker,
the natural side lighting, and the expanse of the setting that hints of a
homey and familial feeling.
Even before reading Ted's suggestion at cropping, I had decided that I like
the photo as is based on its natural setting.
I find bothersome the dark area over the baker's head but, after trying to
crop it in several different ways I still think that I prefer it as is
feeling that it is a picture that tells a complete story rather than an
editorial portrait.

Joe

From: "Howard Sanner" <flagstad@mindspring.com>