Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Rob &BD
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 16:36:39 -0500

Greatest minds in photography today...LOL! (No insult, Rob!:-) laughing
at myself..)

And the problem with a discussion on this issue between Rob and myself
is we are so far apart on this one that there's really little room for
meaningful discussion:

I still believe that a journalist or documentarian owes it to his or her
readers or viewers to present as 'straight' a picture of the subject as
is possible - and must always keep his/her personal prejudices and
beliefs in mind and try to keep them out of the way of being 'fair.'
Yes, any photographer or writer entering a scene changes that scene to
some degree; the longer one is present, the less impact one's presence
need have, however.

Beyond that, there's really nothing I can say.

B. D.