Subject: [Leica] M2-Film Counter Problem
From: studio52@fastmail.fm
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 23:17:48 -0500

I recently purchased a M2 at a very reasonable price and am on my first
roll. When I advance the film, friction pressure from the lever turns
the counter dial in the same direction of the wind instead of allowing
the dial to rotate counter clockwise. This resets the film counter to
less than the actual number of exposures. The counter begins it's
clockwise move then is pulled back counterclockwise by the advance of
the lever.The red rewind dots indicate the film is being advanced.

What I am concerned about is causing damage to the camera by it's
continued use, and if there is any simple repair. Any old M2 salts
familiar with this? TIA...jf

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] M2-Film Counter Problem)