Subject: RE: [Leica] Dover USAF base photography & military funerals
From: Tim Atherton <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:02:57 -0700

> Tim
>
> How is a terrorist supposed to "keep coming" if they are dead?  The
> last Resurrection was about 2000 years ago!
>
> Jerry

Just what I said Jerry - generation after generation. For example, if you
were to eliminate every current Palestinian "terrorist" you would merely be
faced with dealing with the next generation down the line, as not only would
you not have dealt with the root causes of the conflict, you would have
provided the next generation with their main motive to become terrorists -
i.e. you slaughtered their mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters.

Otherwise, I can only assume what you mean is to eradicate a whole race of
people in order to root out terrorism, down to the last infant in swaddling
clothes? Perhaps the most efficient way being a nuclear strike?

I can assure you from my own personal experience, that while a number of IRA
and INLA terrorists were likely "taken out" by the security forces (and it
would, say in the early 80's have been entirely possible to
assassinate/execute every suspected major Irish terrorists), we would be
light years away from the current state of the peace process in Northern
Ireland if such a political decision had been taken. We would merely be
facing the children and grandchildren of those who had been killed, fuelled
by an even greater sense of cause, anger and hatred.

Such an approach is pretty pointless.