Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital Leica?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:52:19 -0800

> At 02:04 PM 11/19/2003 -0800, you wrote:
> > > Looks like what I want, but I still want head-up info - and PLEASE can
> > > we have a minimum stop smaller than f11.<<<<
> >
> >Peter,
> >Why?
> >ted

Tina Manley responded:
> Right!  Incredible depth of field is considered a problem for people who
> like bokeh ;-)   One of the drawbacks of digital is that everything is in
> focus!<<<

Hi Tina,
Some of the digi stuff I've been playing with has such a deep depth of field
it's a pain in the butt because you can't get anything out of focus even
when wide open. Nor can you get the same kind of film separation of subject
from back ground. So I don't understand why Peter would want a smaller
aperture and what it would be required for.

You sure can't get that at f 1.0 Noctilux look! ;-)

ted

Message from Peter Dzwig <pdzwig@summaventures.com> (Re: [Leica] Digital Leica?)
Message from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Digital Leica?)