Subject: Re: [Leica] Albigensian
From: Peter Dzwig <pdzwig@summaventures.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:48:16 +0000

A legate is one who holds the power by virtue of his position, ie the
authority is vested in the office and whose statements have the power of
law (Latin lex, legis - law) , a delegate is one whose power is only as
the representative of a power or a group of people or of a person,
generally for the (short) duration of a particular event, eg a caucus, a
conference or similar, (Latin  de - from, lex, legis law)