Subject: [Leica] For Sale: Color-Skopar 50/25
From: "Justin Low" <lug@justinlow.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 01:39:09 +0800

Hello!

I've just had a good offer for a Contax G, and I'm thinking of taking it
up. So I will soon be selling my Bessa system. As you might know, I've
been having problems with the focus on my Bessa R, so I will only sell
the body after I've had it checked thoroughly by the repairman, either
to solve the problem, or at least find out what it is. For the lens
(which does not seem to be the problem), I will take offers for it now.

A quick summary, in case you don't want to read:

- -----------------------------------
For sale at US$220 or best offer (shipping not included):

Voigtlander Color Skopar 50mm f/2.5, Black; will include large
rectangular hood
Cosmetics: Excellent, minor wear on focusing lever and barrel from use;
Optical/Mechanics: Glass is perfect, all mechanical functions work
smoothly

Shipping via airmail from Singapore, payment by Paypal preferred, money
orders accepted; return within 14 days if you are not satisfied for a
refund.

Contact me at justin@justinlow.com
- -----------------------------------

Okay, long version.

I'm looking at US$220.00 for the lens (Color-Skopar 50mm f/2.5, black
color), the rectangular hood, and all original packaging. However, there
is no rear screwmount cap, so I will protect the end with a rear M cap.
If you have other suggestions to protect the rear element, please do let
me know, and I'll try my best to pack it for you that way.

You might be hesitant due to the problem I have focusing, but I do not
think it is the lens that is at fault. The previous owner has assured me
that it is very sharp, and I still have problems with the body after
having tried another lens. Also, the repairman has checked the lens, and
he says that it looks fine. In any case, if you are not satisfied with
it, you can return it to me for a refund. Okay, condition wise, I'd say
it's in excellent condition cosmetically; there is some wear from normal
use on the focusing lever, and a small spot on the barrel (no metal
showing through on this though). The optics are perfect, and so are the
mechanics (i.e. focusing and aperture are smooth).

Shipping is from Singapore, and shouldn't cost more than US$15.00 to the
USA, though I will have to confirm again. Payment can be made by either
money order or Paypal (I prefer Paypal).

Again, if you are not satisfied with the lens, you can return it to me
within 14 days for a refund less any shipping fees or duties.

Regards,

Justin Low
justin@justinlow.com