Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital Leica?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 18:35:30 -0800

Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:

> Come to think of it, an acquaintance uses a neutral density filter with his
> digital camera regularly. I'll have to take a look at the material to see
> what effect it has.
> There is an F1.8 out there. I've yet to see any results wide open with it.
> I take it that the Lumix DMC, stands for digital manual camera. Personally
> I'd prefer the same set up with manual as an option, as I've grown quite
> fond of the auto everything features, especially once the settings have been
> customized.
> Slobodan Dimitrov

I've been doing this thing getting some nice shots at aperture priority
wide open on the D100 with a 28mm 1.4 lens. It seems to work out OK. My
focal length is in effect 42 mm only a mm away (show us your Lucky's!)
from being true normal which is 43 I'm pretty sure.
But lets just say I'm not exactly getting Noctilux emulation. But that
can be fixed in software.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com