Subject: [Leica] Proposed visit to Solms LANGUAGE!
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 13:35:15 -0800

frank.dernie said:
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [Leica] Proposed visit to Solms

> I am delighted to hear it, I think it is really important to speak more
than one language.<<<<

My advice to young people wanting to be a photojournalist is always, know
more than one language!!!!  Because no matter what you may think that
there's always going to be someone who can speak English no matter where you
go on this planet, it is unequivocally not true!!!!

And in a moment of a heart beat rush situation there isn't ever, ever, never
ever, one standing by to bail your ass out when two big mothers are pointing
AK47's at you!!!  I mean that's scary enough even if you could speak with
them, but when you can't and they look like they really mean to shoot you,
trust me it's probably one, if not the scariest moment in your life cause it
could be over in one "click" And I don't mean a Leica shutter click! :-(

Actually if you can speak or have some communication ability in more than
one language is the best way to be if you want to chase the adventures of
the world as a photojournalist.

Definitely from experience.  "Congo 1965."
ted