Subject: Re: [Leica] RE:Shapes and colors
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:59:44 -0800

Félix López de Maturana showed some neat stuff. :-)
> Some days ago I was walking on the small fishermen harbour which is near
> home. After some digital months I was back to my Leica R8 and the colors
of
> the boats, the walls where fishermen used to clean their brushes and their
> accessories gave me some images. Here is the result
> > http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=354770
> > I think that they are not indeed great pictures but I hope they are
> different. They reflect, anyway, my view of this nice port where I finish
my
> Sunday lonely walks -generally people prefer the beach at least in
summer-.
> I always loved color and simple shapes. Besides, there is lots of space
for
> my dog. <<<

Hi Felix,
Nice! This is the kind of "relax your mind" and shoot just for colours,
shapes and forms.:-) Love it!

It's such a beautiful relaxing form of photography to do. No high pressure
assignment shoot, it's quietly walking along, camera in hand and all of a
sudden the visual motivation light goes on and.... "Oh jeeesh look at that!"
Click, in some cases it's several clicks making various exposures with
bracketing and different compositions, hopefully each better than the
previous. It's a feel good shoot!

One of the most relaxing kind of picture taking exercises we can do and have
fun at the same time. And you know what? If you blow the whole lot who cares
it was a fun moment completely ours without any thought of whether anyone
likes it or not.

Well done Felix.
ted