Subject: Re: [Leica] Close...But Watch Your Step
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 07:59:24 -0800

Daniel Ridings said:
> In Mozambique they are very scary. Some are programmed to go off not the
> first or the second time they are contacted, but maybe the 9th or 10th
> time. You can drive down a road you've driven many times and think it is
> safe ... then boom. No good.<<<

Hi Daniel,
How true!!!! During the 6 day war '67 the media vehicle I was in drove over
a mine set in the road in similar fashion. So many clicks ....."BOOM!"

We had passed an Israeli tank rolling along on the same road we were. When
about 50 yards beyond it there was a tremendous explosion behind us and the
tank had blown -up as it drove over a mine we'd just rolled over.

Possibly we were number 9 and the tank was 10! We got lucky that time. The
tank crew didn't! :-( And yes I photographed what was left with a Leica!

ted

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Close...But Watch Your Step)
Message from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (Re: [Leica] Close...But Watch Your Step)