Subject: RE: [Leica] The limit of DSLR resolution...
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard-lists@imagecraft.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:16:04 -0800

At 11:37 PM 11/26/2003 -0500, Don Dory wrote:
>Richard,
>I would check my slides with a loupe as frequently, most scanners just
>don't pick up the detail that is there.  The Canon sensor is quite good;
>probably the best sensor around 6mp, but that is not what film can pick
>up.  Try going back to your slide, confirm the focus on your scanner,
>and after the scan use a rather large amount of USM on the file.  Try
>something over 200, 1.5, 0 and you will find a lot of detail coming out.

Hi Don,
I just realize my post is a bit ambiguous :-) Sorry. I meant to write that
my slides have much more details. So e.g. this is mine:
http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/tony/IMG018.jpg

whereas these ones are from the Canon:
http://www.dmk26.net/tmp/IMG_0485.JPG
http://www.dmk26.net/tmp/IMG_0482.JPG

Look at the eyebrows, for example. It's true that the dSLR has several
advantages. Better color seems to be one of them, but perhaps different
films (and photoshop :-) ) can compensate that a little bit, and of course
much easier digital workflow. For my part though, I am still learning and
having fun w/ the Leicas. At some point when I move to a dSLR, I can use
the Leicas for B&W :-)

Thanks!

use richard@imagecraft.com)