Subject: RE: [Leica] Happy Thanksgiving To One and All!
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 16:28:59 -0500

At 01:59 PM 11/27/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Organic orshmanic - You mean one of those shrively, scrawny little
>things? Sure, we've got 'em...But "real men" eat hormone stuffed turkeys
>and get cancer!:-)

My pregnant daughter, who eats nothing but organic, brought the organic,
totally natural turkey from EarthFare in Columbia, since we don't have such
things here in Rock Hill.  It was a monster 20 pound turkey!!  A beautiful
bird with no hormones, etc.  I would advise not following regular recipes
since without injected water and so forth, the turkey will cook quicker and
drier.  I followed James Beard's recipe and turned the turkey every hour
for 10 minutes a pound.  It was brown, beautiful, and delicious.  We have
lots of left-overs for turkey sandwiches, which are the best part of
Thanksgiving anyway.  Also corn bread stuffing, giblet gravy, Harvard
beets, brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, cranberry-orange relish, stuffed
dates, broccoli casserole, rolls, apple pie, lemon chiffon pie, and pumpkin
cheesecake.

I'm taking a nap (at the computer) while everybody else washes the dishes ;-)

Happy Thanksgiving, LUG!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com