Subject: RE: [Leica] was The limit of DSLR resolution, now food places...
From: "WOC" <woc2@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 23:12:11 -0500

Jerry,
  My spousal unit lived there after college in the mid sixties.  By the 70s
the tourist line used to wind down the stairs and out the door.  The trick
was to go to the bar, have a drink and give the bartender your 1st name.
the bar was very small but always empty since no one wanted to give up their
place in line.  After a drink or so, a lady would come down the back stairs
and collect you.
  I regret not saving all the pictures I took in there.  The family style
eating at the long tables brought many interesting guests to 'your' table.
And the waitresses, as you well know, were priceless.  But with massive
portions, very reasonable prices, and mostly good food (you are dead on
about the pudding), it was always a must.
Bill