Subject: Re: [Leica] Could this be the downfall of Lagavulin? OT, by the way
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 20:18:00 -0800

"BLASPHEMY!!!! A POX ON THEM I SAY! MAY THEY GROW LONG HAIR BETWEEN THEIR
TOES!"  Quick call the Pipers to play the Lament!

Frank Farmer posted the National Post story:

> Members of the Lagavulin Users Group:
>
> Japan, after some 70 years of trying, has surpassed, via blind test, the
beloved Lagavulin of this list!  Take a look for yourself.  See,
http://www.nationalpost.com/home/story.html?id=4849E082-8AD8-4352-A9CE-B73E7
99CDCB9<<<<

I suppose it's a no fear thing at $250.00 a bottle cause that's enough to
drive one to drink water!

Why the next thing on the list will be Leica has been bought out by a
Japanese consortium and moved from Solms to the Island of Hokkaido beside
the distillery! ;-)

Horrors of horror!!!  I'll have nightmares! :-(
ted

Replies: Reply from "Jon" <jon.stanton@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] Could this be the downfall of Lagavulin? OT, by the way)