Subject: Re: [Leica] Panasonic DMC-FZ10 with Vario-Elmarit lens
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 17:52:15 -0800

><Snip>
> >
> > Another answer is the classic, it's good enough.  A third answer is that
> > it is now a digital file you are selling so the art director can't get
> > all hissy over wanting a certain size transparency on the light table.
> >
> > Don
> > dorysrus@mindsprig.com

But as the file sizes as a standard get bigger that's what they ask for
because that's what they think they need. Just like film why not? It
seems to me it went from 5000 to 6000. That's what I heard happened to
stock photo standards. I've never done stock by the way. It's bound to
go up from there and then your film scanners and cameras are no good
unless you want to expand each file with that amazing mathematical
software thing.

Art directors should really confer with the photographer in deciding how
big an image has to be.
As the photographer is bound to know something about that - being a photographer.
No less than the art director certainly.
I'd imagine the better art directors would not sit back and dictate.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

Message from sam <sam@osheaven.net> (Re: [Leica] Panasonic DMC-FZ10 with Vario-Elmarit lens)