Subject: Re: [Leica] Panasonic DMC-FZ10 with Vario-Elmarit lens
From: Quincy Ogwin <quincyogwin@bellnet.ca>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 11:31:31 -0500

On 12/1/03 3:55 AM, "Mark Rabiner" <mark@rabinergroup.com> wrote:

> There are real quality reasons why a photographer picks a larger format
> film or CCD chip tp get a certain image Quincy..... It's not to make an
> image look better on a web page or on A3 inkjet or to make him feel like
> he's blasting off in a Rocket ship! Or she.. Although i know in regular
> darkroom printing even in smaller sizes larger format film give a richer
> image and that' maybe what is really needed. Not a testosterone test.

Then:
> If I had to guess I'd pick $30,000 as the amount the average commercial
> photographer makes in a year, Jerry. I'm not sure if I ever made that
> much. Not grosses of course. But at least they get to have fun buying
> and selling lots of cameras systems and having some kind of an excuse to
> do it!

I know the rationale behind a larger chip, Mark. And I think based your
second response to Jerry you got my point. Actually, BTW I do think it's
more about feeling like blasting off in a rocket and testosterone test in
Mr. Reichmann's case.

It's a blatant case of equipment wanking.

My opinion. But admittedly  o/t.

Let's all talk about the Digilux 2, with it's weeny CCD...

- -=-
Quicny