Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: in blatant defiance of PLUG commandment #1
From: "John Black" <jblack@ambio.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 12:13:51 -0500

I too have noticed variable grain in my Neopan 1600 negs but it usually was
traceable to my inveterate tinkering with the developers. Overdevelopment is
usually the culprit whether by temperature or agitation doesn't seem to
matter. I have heard that significant temperature variation between
developer and fix and wash can enhance grain but I've not seen it because I
am very careful that all chemicals are within 2 degrees C of each other,
including the rinse.

How long did you develop in Xtol 1+3 and what kind of agitation?

JB

Message from "John Black" <jblack@ambio.net> (Re: [Leica] in blatant defiance of PLUG commandment #1)
Message from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: in blatant defiance of PLUG commandment #1)
Message from "John Black" <jblack@ambio.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: in blatant defiance of PLUG commandment #1)