Subject: Re: [Leica] National Geographic getting better
From: Parker Haeg <rangefinderr2@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 04:55:51 -0800 (PST)

I think you are right on the below comments.  I've
seen the film multiple times and was a bit confused by
the earlier posts about instant transmitting of
images.  I think what we were seeing was a bit of film
editing: Jim was shooting (to the best of my
knowledge) film and any high tech aspects of his gear
were connected (literally and figuratively) to the
micro-camera placed on his Canon.  The Stern editors
we see pouring over his images are most likely looking
at prints, transmitted to them in Germany from Jim's
film.  The cut on the scenes is what causes the
confusion.  Add to this the number of years since the
movie was shot, and it seems that it's just not likely
that they were conducting this kind of test.
I could be wrong, but this is how I viewed it.
I run into Nachtwey every now and then and will ask
him about it.
Parker