Subject: Re: [Leica] The 1 Gigapixel camera
From: Leo W Wesson <lwwesson@pier1.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 21:03:55 -0600

This reminds me of Balog's tree work. Don't know if you are familiar
with James Balog's tree composites, but some of them are much larger
than that.  Not quite the same, not seamless by any means. Really great
shots, I have seen one print (8 ft) and i was amazed.  I think it was a
4 gig file.

Go to his site and click on the tree link and look at Giant Sequoia.

http://www.jamesbalog.com/

Leo