Subject: Re: [Leica] The LEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 08:18:46 -0600

Mark

This is very true, but the ability to make the changes this way is better
than a push button which has fixed step sizes and one direction of
movement.  Most knob controls in modern equipment have a variable/finer
step size depending which gives the finer resolution available from true
analog controls.  Which gives the user the impression of analog control and
better user control.

Gene

                      Jerry Lehrer
                      <jerryleh@pacbell.net>              To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  Re: [Leica] The LEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced
                      -alto.ca.us

                      12/03/2003 09:44 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

Mark

Y'know on most modern amps with volume control knobs, there
is not a potentiometer behind that knob.

Jerry

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> grduprey@rockwellcollins.com wrote:
> >
> > Yes, but knobs are much more user friendly even if they control digital
> > circuits.  I have old radios which all controls are knobs, and new all
> > digital with very few knobs.  The old radio is much more usable and
also
> > more pleasing to use as I can control (or feel I have more control)
much