Subject: RE: [Leica] Older yet photos
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 16:09:27 -0800 (PST)

Regarding magnificently preserved old family photos, Doug Herr wrote:
> Odds are they're Kodachromes.

Ooooh, yeah!  Kodachrome is probably the archivist's best friend after
archival B&W.

I have original Kodachome (ASA 10) slides my Mom took over 50 years ago.
And they still look good as new, complete with their original Early
Kodachrome colors. Here are some scanned slides of my parents and maternal
grandparents in 1951.  This was two years before I was born--I just had my
50th birthday two weeks ago (help!!).

These are RF pictures, but not Leica. The camera was a Bolsey B2 with a
Wolensack lens. Wolensak made LTM lenses during WWII, so it's sorta
on-topic.

http://www2.2alpha.com/~pklein/oldpics/EmMiltHome51.jpg
http://www2.2alpha.com/~pklein/oldpics/EmMiltSofa51.jpg
http://www2.2alpha.com/~pklein/oldpics/PoppyNanaMilt51.jpg